Bispham Traders Association have proposed a joint initiative with the FHLT to create a heritage visitor center.
This tram was transferred to the ownership of the Trust in March by the Partington Family – Owners of Fleetwood Caravan Park.
Plans are underway to create a new illuminated tram display utilising ‘Balloon’ car 726.
We have aquired a remarkable collection of trams representing the Fleetwood tram service since the 1930s
Several of them will occupy pride of place in a tram depot built in 1897 for the early tramroad company on Copse Road, Fleetwood. We are the only transport heritage group in the UK to have its trams displayed in an origianl tram depot from the formative days of electric power. The depot even has original sub station equipment which will form the basis oof an energy exhibit